Time and Energy Management – Creating a stress free work environment
Try this questionnaire:
- Are you often tired after working long hours?
- Do you find yourself without enough time to do everything?
- Are you unsure of your long term goals?
- Do you have a clear idea of your purpose?
- Do you skip meals and eat junk food?
- Do you get enough sleep?
- Do you get stressed at work?
- Are you cranky when you get home from work?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these, you need to look closely at how you manage your time and energy. Time and Energy Management is critical in today’s business and busy world.
- Imagine putting time aside for a project but being too tired to think straight when the time arrives. We can renew our energy but not our time. We really don’t ‘have’ time. All we have is now. We need to be careful how we use now and this won’t happen without a plan.
A typical program on Time and Energy Management will include:
- Keeping your four sources of energy brimming
- Maintaining your energy throughout the day
- Figuring out your purpose at work and at home
- Designing a system for getting the important things done
- Eliminating Time Wasters
- Setting work goals
- Controlling your email
- Devising or revising your strategic plan
- Quit multi tasking – Replacing it with focus
- Using you whole brain
If we are expected to do more with less then we need to be very sure that we are protecting our energy sources and our previous time.
It has become normal to work long hours, go home exhausted, sleep poorly, get distracted by email and lose your sense of purpose.
Make sure you are not normal!