If your technical skills are better than your people skills, I can help you re-balance. An inability to use ‘soft skills’ skillfully can have hard consequences. The ability to influence others without using authority is an essential skill when managing or leading others in today’s workplace.
- Develop the skills to get what you want or need while building strong relationships
- Develop a variety of influencing styles and identify when to use each of them
- Know how to make an excellent first impression
- Give constructive feedback
- Align your behaviour with your intentions
- Become a skilled listener – know when to listen and when to speak
- Get feedback from selected others about your behaviour and identify what needs adjusting
I use a behavioural questionnaire ( The Behavior Tuner ) to help you get feedback on the specific behaviours that are your strengths as well as behaviours that need adjusting or improving.
The Behavior Tuner has been used by many people in various countries. It is a feedback tool that allows people to get specific feedback on how their behaviour is seen by others. It also enables you to see how another person sees your behaviour. This is the ideal tool to use in a counselling or coaching session.
Call me to discuss how you can become a more skilled influencer. Influencing is an art and a science. it is an essential skill for managers and leaders. Call 0418 996970