Creating high performing teams
Creating high performing teams is vital to your organisation’s morale and effectiveness. An effective team is the most productive unit available to management. Maybe in the movies, we have heroic individuals who can achieve anything. In reality, individuals are flawed, limited and prone to error. Teams are united, strong and able to cover each other’s limitations. Team Development is essential when resources are limited.
Maybe your team is dysfunctional and wanting to become more of a genuine team that really work together. Maybe you have an excellent team who are motivated and capable of becoming a truly high performing team.
Paddy can help you move your team along the road to high performance whatever your starting point.
Here is a suggested menu for a team program:
- How to create a high performing team
- The stages of team development
- Building trust in teams
- Taming individual and team egos
- Behaviours necesssary in a high performing team
- Clarifying the team’s purpose, values and goals
- Mending broken bridges – mining for hidden conflict
- Influencing each other with honesty, integrity and genuine interest
- Setting and achieving high performance goals
Teams can achieve extraordinary results and cover the loss of gifted individuals. Common purpose, a simple charter, shared values and going beyond self interest are essential and achievable. The benefits last a long time as the skills and attitude are passed on as the team evolves.
Take teamwork seriously in 2013. The best unit of productivity available to management is always a team.
Contact Paddy if you want to create High Performing Teams in 2013.